Sunday 12 August 2012

What Kind of Bullshit Is This?

Today was the German Super Cup...

What?!?
That's preposterous.

What kind of idiots organize a super cup (which is a meeting, as far as I know, between the league winner and the cup winner from the previous season - to see who's tougher, I guess -) between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich?

I can't remember Bayern winning any of the above trophies last year. I can't remember them winning any trophies last season.
So, you can see why I'm saying this was bullshit. Complete bullshit, it was.

If one teams wins the league and that same team wins the cup, they should not have to play anybody for the super cup!

What makes this really bad is that Bayern won the match. (They won 2-1, with 2 goals scored in the first 11 minutes.)
Yes, the winner of the league and the winner of the cup did not get the super cup!
This is absolutely retarded, I'm sorry.

It happens in other places, too, unfortunately: the organization of such phony super cups.
But if people really want to see matches, in a year when there should not be a super cup, how about getting the teams with the best odds to win the upcoming league season, inventing a new trophy, and playing that instead? You want to see a show, organize a show, not an unnecessary lie.

But that might be just me. I'm sure many people, among whom all of the Bayern fans, enjoyed this, after not being better than second best at any time in the last two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment