Tuesday 3 January 2012

Prediction for Wigan - Sunderland

It's become clear to me, for many months now, that Wigan is Man. U. 's bitch.

Just to make obvious what I believe: It's impossible for me to acknowledge how Wigan can constantly put on such good footballing displays against United's adversaries, especially Chelsea, while at the same time losing shamelessly by large margins each and every time they play the team from Manchester.
I've always thought they should be called "Manchester United 2" (or "pet", or "servant", if you wish)...
But, anyway...

I never looked at Sunderland that way until recently, though.
But, come to think of it... Sunderland's excellent form against Manchester City the other day, which severely contrasts with Sunderland - Wigan 1-2, in the previous encounter between these two teams... well...

My guess is, since both these teams may very well be closer to Manchester United than to any other team in the Premier League, Wigan is going to take the points in this upcoming match because it needs them badly. (Plus, I'm sure the people who deal with this kind of stuff at Manchester United, if any, cannot be sure that Wigan is going to be able to wrestle points away from Manchester City, just like Sunderland and West Brom did. They realize Wigan is desperate for easy points.)
Especially considering their luck against Man. City, Sunderland can afford to not fight hard for these points, if Wigan is meant to get help from somewhere other than their own merits.
And Wigan getting some more points, here and there, and remaining in the Premier League next year, too, would be much better for Man. U. than if it was to be relegated. Just look at the history, and tell me that's not true!...

So, to sum up, Wigan - Sunderland, on the 2nd of January, 2012 -- definite win for the hosts; that's my firm prediction. Let us see!


UPDATE, 3 January 2012, 22:45 CET: Well, I guess I was wrong about Sunderland. (But that doesn't mean I'm wrong about Wigan.) I guess Sunderland probably did beat Manchester City because they really wanted to, and were able to do so due to The Citizens' performance. And it's not bad, in the grand scheme of things, that they did the same to this annoying Wigan. After watching the highlights, though, I'd say they were lucky on at least two goals, namely the first and the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment